GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Friday 1 March 2013

Lips or an Eye, Apple,Strawberry or Wood Grain; Guess what an Artist has Created

Sandra Holmbom, 26, is just one example of how a talent can never remain
hidden from the  eyes of world. Sandra has been dubbed 'Pi-kisso' after posting images of her lips painted with stunning designs on her blog.


Sandra Holmbom came up with the idea of using her lips as a canvas and make-up as her medium when she was 'bored', she says. She painstakingly paints intricate, lifelike designs on her mouth before photographing them and posting them on her blog.

Her impressive skills have won her worldwide recognition and she now has visitors to her blog from all over the globe. Her design include an apple, kiwi, heart, wood grain and a strawberry.
 Strawberry
 Apple
 Orange
 Kiwi
 Woodcraft
 Rain heart
But always looking for the next challenge, she has now moved on to more complex pictures such as a Northern Lights scene, roses and thorns, a butterfly and a human eye complete with lashes and pupil.
Creative Sandra, a care assistant from Pitea in Sweden, said the ideas usually come to her when she sits in front of a mirror. Instead of planning them out, she relies on trial and error.

She uses a minute eyeliner brush to create fine lines and detail and uses a make-up palette to apply different colours to her skin, a process that can take up to one hour. When she has finished, the results are photographed and posted on her make-up blog.

Sandra said: 'I began to make advanced make-up designs about three years ago. It was mostly when I was bored and had nothing else to do. But now I use almost any free time I get to do make-up, my interest in it has increased, and because I have found how much fun it is to challenge myself with it. I am self-taught and I have tried my own way of doing things, and I have also learned from different video and picture tutorials on YouTube.’

She adds: 'Not all tests have gone well, but then I tend to think that you learn more from an unsuccessful try than successful one, then it at least feels a little better afterwards. The ideas I usually get when I sit in front of the mirror, I try to think of strange things to do that don't really belong on a pair of lips. I am inspired by nature, animals, pictures and stuff like that. Most times I just do something, and let my fantasy take me were it wants to go, then the make-up gets crazy and psycho.’

She further adds on her blog: 'What inspires me most is to do different and new things. For example doing the same make-up twice feels boring and unchallenging, so I'd rather not do it. I get really sweet and positive reactions to my make-up which makes me so happy, I often hear that I inspire others and that's really fun to hear, it's something I love doing.'

No comments:

Post a Comment