GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Kristen Stewart declared world's best dressed woman in poll

She often seems happier in scruffy jeans and trainers 

than a posh frock. But it seems Kristen Stewart still has a few fashion lessons for her British contemporaries. The tomboy American actress has been declared the world’s best-dressed woman, ahead of Harry Potter star Emma Watson and the Duchess of Cambridge


It is the second year in a row Miss Stewart has topped the annual fashion list compiled by Glamour magazine. The 23-year-old Twilight star was praised for her ‘personal rock-chick style’. Although she sometimes embraces high fashion on the red carpet, she often dresses down in her free time.

She once admitted she can sometimes be found wanting in the fashion stakes, saying: ‘I go outside, and I’m wearing a funky T-shirt and my hair is dirty, and people say, ‘‘What’s wrong with her? She needs to invest in a hairbrush’’. Miss Watson, also 23, remained in second place. In recent years she has ditched her innocent image as a child star with a series of sultry photoshoots and risquĂ© film roles.

However, she has admitted struggling to look sexy in the past, saying: ‘I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do a photo-shoot people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt.It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that.

‘Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt...have a look at everything I’ve got’? My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.’


The Duchess of Cambridge moved up one place to third. The 31-year-old royal has been praised for her demure outfits during her pregnancy. Her sister Pippa Middleton jumped 32 places to 15. Also in the top five were Spider-Man star Emma Stone and singer Taylor Swift. 

Other names in the top 50 include Kate Moss, Keira Knightley and actress Lily Collins, daughter of Phil. Glamour’s 50 best-dressed women of 2013 appears in the June issue of the magazine, out on May 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment