GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Wednesday 17 October 2012

13 Years Old “Twin Cancer Patient” becomes honorary face of CoverGirl

Talia Joy Castellano, 13-year-old cancer sufferer, who is suffering from
two types of cancers 'neuroblastoma and leukemia at the same time', and has been a YouTube because of her inspired make-up video tutorials, was thrilled to the core of her heart when news was revealed to her that CoverGirl has decided to honour her by publishing her image on cover of beauty giant magazine.

Talia learnt the news during an interview with Ellen Degeneres, and today, the beauty giant released a campaign-style image bearing her face. The teenager, who developed an interest in make-up six years ago, when she was first diagnosed with neuroblastoma, has attracted over 14million viewers to her video blog.

Although she says 'the chances of surviving are fewer than surviving,' she will continue her videos 'for as long as I can.'

Despite the harrowing diagnosis, Talia was bursting with positivity and energy when she appeared on Ms DeGeneres' show. Clearly in awe of the host and the standing ovation she was greeted with, her eyes welled up at the beginning.

'I'm shaking I love you so much!' she admitted.

Indeed, when asked how she stays so positive, Talia quoted a line Ms Degeneres
said in her roleas Dory in Finding Nemo.

'When people ask me that, what do you want me to do, be depressed?' she said. 'I mean a little fishy told me, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"'

Of course, the admiration was mutual, and Ms Degeneres, in turn could not praise Talia enough.
Although Talia is not sure what her next steps are, but she promises to continue her videos, and says 'I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from, not wanting to do the transplant'.

'I've gotten so many benefits from [cancer]. Having a YouTube channel, having to inspire people and having people look up to me... I adore, I love make-up, using it as my wig... it's amazing... the journey of having cancer was amazing. But every journey has an end.

'Having cancer has been a gift, but it's a horrible, horrible thing,' she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment