GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Friday 18 January 2013

Pol Úbeda Hervàs takes his Pictures but beng Invisible

Pol Úbeda Hervàs, creative and art director of Advertising firm JWT Barcelona,
captured some startling images of himself and names the series "invisible man." The photographer believes that he isn't much aware about the person who looks back at him in mirror that is why the Catalan has taken a series of thought-provoking photographs of his own shadow wearing his trainers.


PoL Úbeda Hervàs, said the series came from changes in his life that left
him unsure of who he was. He said he decided to leave the shoes as a small reminder that there was at least some fragment of his personality left behind so that he was more than just a shadow.

Hervàs said: 'I don’t recognize myself any more. These photos express
this feeling. These pictures are the way I see myself now. My shadow is there but I erase myself because I don't know who I am any longer. The shoes remain only to make sure there is something more than a shadow.'

'I’m Not There' is an ongoing series of portraits by Hervàs who divides his time between his work at the Barcelona advertising agency and photography. Hervàs doesn't explain the nature of the experiences that forced him to question his own identity, but he wrote a few lines that accompany the images, in which he says: I am changing at this very moment of my life. I do not react in the same ways I used to. These pictures are the way I see myself now.'

Neither does he say whether his choice to leave shoes rather than any other item of clothing was a conscious one. Shoes, according to psychologists reveal much about the wearer's personality. Last year psychologists from the University of Kansas found that the style, value, colour and condition of the footwear can paint a picture of the owner's emotional, political and other vital personality traits.

63 students from the university looked at photographs showing 208 different pairs of shoes belonging to volunteers in the experiment. They were asked to look at each pair and guess the gender, age and social status of the owner, researchers reported to the Journal of Research in Personality.

This including whether the owner was an extrovert or introvert, liberal leaning or
conservative, their emotional stability, agreeableness, conscientiousness and openness. The team reported: 'Shoes convey a thin but useful slice of information about their wearers. Shoes serve a practical purpose, and also serve as nonverbal cues with symbolic messages. Shoes serve a practical purpose, and also serve as nonverbal cues with symbolic messages. People tend to pay attention to the shoes they and others wear.

'Shoes have great variety of styles, brands, looks, and functions. Because of this variety, shoes can carry individual difference information, but do they? We suggest that the answer is yes.'

No comments:

Post a Comment