GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Veteran English Newscaster Shaista Zaid Retires


The state-run channel Pakistan Television (PTV) has always been proud of its ownership of
veteran news-anchor Shaista Zaid. She had served PTV for more than 47 years and today that chapter has been closed as she had announced her retirement.

Shaista had been an esteemed personality in Pakistan as she earned millions of fans with her graceful personality and eloquent style for decades in Pakistan.

During her final moments, emotional Shaista addressed Pakistani community in these words: “People’s love and affection are my real asset and I am proud to have it. Before I sign off I want to thank Pakistan Television from the bottom of my heart for having enriched my life in so many days for over four decades. I thank PTV for enabling me to touch the minds and hearts of millions of fellow Pakistanis, young and old, literate and other wise for such a long time. So thank you PTV, you have made what I am today and I am deeply grateful to this organization, God bless PTV.”

PTV officials and senior Broadcasters bid farewell to Shaista Zaid acknowledging that she was a legend and an asset to PTV. Pakistanis would always remain thankful for her devoted service to the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment