GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Even ICC is involved with Elite ICC Umpire Asad Rauf’s affair with Indian starlet

ICC elite panel umpire Asad Rauf of Pakistan on Tuesday denied he has
any sort of relation with Indian starlet Leena Kapoor though he admitted that there had been some acquaintance among them as is the case with all cricketers or officials having fan base across the world. And he being in ICC elite panel has 99 % of his fans from India and she is one of them.

Kapoor on the other hand has filed a complaint to police on Monday that Rauf, 50, promised to marry her when they met in in Sri Lanka six months ago and now he is backing away from his promise.

ICC has also jumped into the row and has asked Asad to clear the matter as early as possible. Asad told The Indian Express over the phone from Pakistan: “I do remember the girl. She was keen to be part of the Bigg Boss TV show and wanted me to put in a word for her. I don’t remember where I met her,” he said. “During our tours and at the IPL parties we meet a number of fans and people in the show business. They request you for pictures and we oblige.”
A picture of Rauf and Kapoor, with the starlet’s arm around the umpire’s neck, appeared in the Mumbai tabloid Mid-Day on Tuesday.
Kapoor insisted Rauf had betrayed him.
“How can he put me in a television show? He is lying. After the shoot of my movie Lender got over in March, I went to a resort in Sri Lanka with friends, where I met him,” she said. “He told me that he would marry me but now he doesn’t even recognise me.”
Rauf said he is prepared to face an inquiry over Kapoor’s allegation: “Out of my 10,000 followers on Facebook, 99 per cent are from India.  If there is any truth in what she is saying, and if she has some concrete evidence, I am ready to come down to India to be questioned.”

No comments:

Post a Comment