GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Friday 17 August 2012

Shoaib Akhtar Expresses his Desire to Serve as Pakistan’s next bowling

The Rawalpindi express, Shoaib Akhtar has expressed his desire to serve 
Pakistan Cricket Team provided he is given a chance to be the next bowling coach of Pakistan as PCB has appointed a three member committee to hunt down next bowling coach. The hunt for bowling coach is on since Australian Dav Whatmore as head coach in March, with former Essex pace man Ian Pont the leading contender.

Dawn newspaper has quoted Shoaib as saying: “I am ready to be the bowling coach for Pakistan. If the PCB contacts me, then I will offer my services. It’s an honour to serve the country, and, it can be done by helping upcoming bowlers. It will give me a chance to pay back what the country has given me.”

Akhtar’s career was plagued by fitness and discipline problems, and he retired from cricket after last year’s World Cup. Akhtar took 178 wickets in 46 Tests and 247 in 163 one-day internationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment