GOOGLE-LeaderBoard

Friday 24 August 2012

Portugal-based attorney Samuel Silva Draws Incredible doodles using ballpoint pen

God has bestowed human beings with capabilities that makes wonder and
Portugal-based  attorney Samuel Silva is one of them who draws spectacular doodles only with the help of his hard earned ballpoint pens that according to him were purchased from places like Staples, eBay, Amazon and, the artist says, any good office supply store.

Samuel Silva describes his art as a hobby. Though this hobby often consumes more than 50 hours apiece. Silva has drawn images of wildlife, recreated masterpieces like Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring and copied iconic photos so accurately they're almost indistinguishable from the original.


For his Redhead Girl, he spent 30 hours and used 6 different colour ball point
pens. To create such vibrant colours, Silva 'cross hatches' in layers to give off the illusion of additional hues and depth.

On his DeviantArt page, Silva says: “I'm just a lawyer, art is just a hobby
for me, although it takes from five to 50 hours to finish each drawing. I started developing my own style of ballpoint pen drawing back when I was in school, in simple classroom sketches in the back of my exercise books.'

Silva also added: “I never imagined there were so many brilliantly masterful
ballpoint artists out there. Ballpoint pen is not my only medium, it's just the one I'm currently trying to master. At this point in my life I'm proficient with chalk, pencil, color pencil, pastels, oils and acrylics. Maybe one day I'll create an account just to share those.”

At another point Silva said: “I'm just glad to be here, I want to learn a lot, see a lot, and enjoy to its fullest what other fellow artists have to share. It takes me forever to do my works. The only thing that makes me keep going is my love for what I do and the ambition to go further and further.”

Speaking about his picture of a Sumatran tiger, which took around 20 hours to finish, Silva said: 'I always wanted to draw a tiger, I love felines and decided to draw my first tiger ever, I hope you like it.

'This one is wild, that's why I love it. Big felines are not meant for zoos.'

No comments:

Post a Comment